Thursday 4 May 2017

Last few weeks of my undergraduate degree

I am currently in full on revision mode. Exams start in less than 2 weeks and with 2/3 of my year left in this exam period I can definitely say I am stressed. I didn't believe anyone when they said third year was tough, and now I do. The modules aren't much harder but there is so much more pressure, particularly when you are aiming for a first. I am trying to sort lots of different things out for September at the same time as revising and trying to get my head round seemingly impossible concepts. Well at least to me. But I thought I would come here to reflect on my experience now its coming to an end.

It feels weird that I am writing this as I remember writing a blog post about my expectations of my university experience. I can safely say it was completely different to what I expected. I have made great friends, and lost some great friends along the way. Had massive arguments with housemates the like of which I will not like to repeat ever in my life. I have had some really fun times and some really rubbish times over the last three years personally and academically. I have managed to gain some amazing work experience and have learnt so much about the subjects I chose to study as I a 17 year old. Unlike most people coming to the end of their degree, I still love the subjects I study (mostly).

I have discovered a lot about myself. I have realised I don't like going out to nightclubs that much, despite what I tried to convince myself back in first year, instead I would much rather go to a pub quiz with some good friends and just have a laugh. I have much more patience than I ever thought I did before hand, and will be polite to people even when they aren't being very nice to me. My drive and determination, and my school environment are not normal. Apparently university for most people is more stressful than A levels but I cannot say the same for myself.

A lot has happened over the few years whilst I have been on and off and on again on this blog. I have had family disasters, massive achievements and massive disappointments. But I need to remember over the next few weeks what I have learnt from those experiences and know that I can achieve what I want to from this degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment